MozCon is a Three day conference of sessions relating to SEO, social media, content marketing, brand development, the mobile landscape, analytics, and more. Here are some important points that came from the MozCon 2015 conference:
- Today with Adwords and Analytics, there is so much data out there. We should keep in mind to temper this data with human analysis and common sense judgement.
- Website landing pages should be reviewed, improved and possible completely overhauled every 6-12 months as part of an ongoing commitment to improving conversions.
- Good search engine optimisation is not just about pleasing Google’s algorithm. You also need humans to interact with your content. So pleasing people with good quality content, visuals, navigation and general user experience is an important part of SEO.
- When testing new landing pages with A/B testing, run your test for at least a few weeks. User’s reactions to new designs can change as return visitors get accustomed to the new design. After testing for a few weeks, a clear winner should emerge.
- MozCon speaker Rand Fishkin proved that the number of people who clicked on a website’s listing on Google, affected where that website ranked. The more people who click on a website, the higher that website would rank. This means that compelling Title and Description tags are important, but also that users remain on your website and don’t bounce from it. This means that the website needs to fulfil the user’s purpose for their search. If users click on your website, but then bounce immediately from your website, it will have a detrimental impact on your website.
Watch the video below for a sneak peak of the conference’s content:
Want expert assistance with your online presence? You’re in the right place. Contact Partner Digital for sunshine coast website design. Our local team will act as an integrated extension to your business.